I just ran across this software tonight. It’s Free PBX software for windows 2000/NT/XP!
I have been using sip phones for awhile now and I have given a linux based PBX a shot, but I am married now with a 2 kids and I just don’t have the time learn all the “in’s and out’s” of linux and the associated software. Now I know that TrixBox is a great piece of software and that many people use it successfully, but for the linux impaired (like me) it just got frustrating.
Enter, 3CX. This is FREE PBX software that runs on windows.
This is straight from the 3CX website:
3CX Phone System for Windows is a software-based IP PBX that replaces a traditional proprietary hardware PBX / PABX. 3CX’s IP PBX has been developed specifically for Microsoft Windows and is based on the SIP standard – making it easier to manage and allowing you to use any SIP phone (software or hardware). A software-based IP PBX / PABX offers numerous benefits:
- No need for separate phone wiring – phones use computer network
- Easier to install & manage via web-based configuration interface
- A software-based IP PBX is far less expensive then a hardware-based PBX / PABX
- Employees can move offices without requiring any changes in the wiring or IP PBX configuration
- Choose from the many SIP based hardware phones instead of getting locked in with one vendor
- Receive & Make calls via the standard PSTN using VOIP Gateways
- Save on call costs using any SIP VOIP service or WAN
- Complete phone system: Provides call switching, routing & queueing
- Purchase cost dramatically lower than a traditional hardware PBX
- Scaleable – Unlimited extensions and phone lines. No proprietary expansion modules needed!
- Web based configuration & status indication – Easy phone system management!
- Unified messaging: Receive voice mail via e-mail
- Auto attendant (e.g. 1 for sales, 2 for support etc.)
- Reduce long distance and inter office call costs
- No more expensive proprietary system phones: Use standard SIP phones
- Eliminate the phone wiring and make moving offices easier
The 3CX software is free to download with no limitations.
I have used this software and it is very easy to configure and get running.